How do I send my free Give One, Get One gift?
If you don't set up your gift during your initial onboarding don't worry you can send any time via your manage gift portal. To access the portal follow the steps outlined below-
- Log into your account and select the Menu button in the upper right corner. A drop-down menu will appear with the option to "Send Your Free Gift".
- Select "Send Your Free Gift" to enter your recipient’s name, email and gift message. This will send them an email with a link to a gift redemption page where they can set up their account.
How do I send a purchased gift?
- Log into your account and select the Menu button in the upper right corner. A drop-down menu will appear with the option "Gift".
- Select "Gift" on the menu and you will enter the manage gift portal.
- From there you can select your purchased gift and enter your recipient’s name, email and gift message. This will send them an email with a link to a gift redemption page where they can set up their account.
How does my gift recipient redeem a gift?
Gift receivers can click on the red "Activate Gift" link included in the gift notification email. This will bring them to MasterClass where they will be asked to create a new account or log in to an existing one if they have one already. Once redeemed, they will see the course welcome page indicating she has successfully activated your gift.
If the MasterClass app does not work, try activating the gift from a computer using our website.
Why does my gift recipient need a CC?
When redeeming the gift for a free year of the annual membership, your gift recipient will need to enter their credit card information, however, they will not be charged when they redeem their gift. The credit card information is required for auto-renewal of their subscription at the end of their free year.
We will send your gift recipient an email reminder 30 days prior to when their free year of membership expires before they are charged for renewal. They will receive a renewal notification for their annual membership stating the then-current price. After they activate their free gift, they are also able to cancel automatic renewal at any time before the end of their complimentary year via their account settings page.
How do I resend a gift?
- While logged into your MasterClass account select the Menu icon in the upper right corner and click on "Gifts".
- Once you click "Gifts" you will be in the manage gift portal where you can access your gifts to edit or resend. Find your gift recipient and click "Resend / Edit" on the right.
- Click on "Save and Resend Gift" to resend your gift.
How do I change the gift recipient or delivery time for a gift?
- Select the Menu icon in the upper right corner and click on "Gifts".
- Look for your gift recipient and click "Resend / Edit" on the right.
- Change your Recipient Email to change your gift recipient or click on "Send on Date" to change your delivery date.
- Click on "Save and Resend Gift" to send your gift.
When will the free year for the gift membership start?
The free year starts on the date the gift recipient activates their gift membership.
Do gifts expire?
Yes, for the Give One, Get One Holiday promotion in 2020, the gift will automatically expire 365 days from the date you purchase the promotion. The gift recipient must redeem their gift within 365 days of when your purchase is made.
If you purchase a gift outside of a Give One, Get One promotion, your gift has no expiration date.
Can I gift a single class?
Yes, you can gift a single class, but we recommend gifting the annual membership to give access to 100+ instructors with new classes released regularly.
To gift a single class:
- Navigate to www.masterclass.com/gift
- Scroll down and click on the individual class you want to gift.
- Select"Give this class" and follow instructions as prompted.
Can I use the Give One, Get One promotion twice?
No, one promotional purchase per person over the lifetime of your account. If you previously purchased through a buy one, get/share/give one promotion, you are not eligible for similar current promotions.
Do I need to send a gift immediately?
No, you can send your gift whenever you like!
If you are gifting through our Give One, Get One promotion you can either set this gift up immediately after your purchase, or you can login and access the gift in your account to give later.
Note, the gift will automatically expire if it is not redeemed by your gift recipient within 365 days from your purchase of this offer.
How will I know when my gift has been redeemed?
Log into your MasterClass account, click the Menu button on the upper right then click Gifts and you will arrive at the Manage Gifts page. Next to the name of your gift recipient, you will see the order status as "Redeemed" if the gift has been redeemed.
How do I purchase a new gift?
If you are not an active member of MasterClass you can purchase gifts by clicking "Gifts" on the footer of masterclass.com.
If you are a member of MasterClass log into your MasterClass account, click the Menu button on the upper right then click Gifts and you will arrive at the Manage Gifts page. Click on the "Add a Gift" button on the Manage Gifts page and follow the steps.
Do I need to create a new account to manage my gift or is it linked to my MasterClass account?
No, you do not need to create a new account to track/manage your gifts. You can access the gifts you have sent when you are logged into your MasterClass account via the Menu item “gift” on the top right corner of your home page.
If you have more questions, please contact us. We are always happy to help!